Friday, October 28, 2011

TF2 Halloween update... Valve, I am Disappoint.

So the TF2 halloween update finally came yesterday.  Yea, yesterday.  It's 11:18 at the current moment of me writing this.  Awesome costumes they made for the Mercs.  Nice remake of the map Viaduct, now called Eyeaduct.  And a new Halloween boss.  Monocleus.  Or something like that.  Its wrong I know, but I'm going to call him Mono.  Because he's one giant Eye ball.  Actually, it's Demoman's eye which is explained in a comic, which is also pretty neat.

But I am disappointed with how they distributed the Costumes.  Via the gift drops that was a pain in the ass last year.  And we needed only 9 that time.  This time, we need 3 pieces for 9 classes.  It sucks.  I have 1 Sniper, 1 Heavy and 2 Spy so far.  And I am also disappointed that the boss is once again a Demoman type boss.  I mean, come on.  I'm tired of Reading about Demo or Solly in the comics.  Share some of that damn limelight with the rest of the classes!
^ Inner fan girl for Medic and Sniper.  Sorry.

I kinda like the Gibus again.  Angry that they changed it again, but what the hell.  It's kinda growing on me.  Angry that the hats from last year aren't in the store.  Just because I traded my Skull last year and I want it back. They have a new one for this year.  Has some neat Styles, but its not the one I want.  And a giant Eye hat.  No Idea what it does other then move like an eye when you look around.  I mean, the HHH Head from last year at least provided immunity from HHH's 'Boo!' cry.  And also a seal mask.  No idea what that's about other then that it matches the mask that the little Steam Mascot wears.

Bah, I can't believe I was disappointed this year.  Hopefully, they come up with something different regarding the gifts.  What I did like about the gift thing is that the server needs to be registered in order to get access to the gift server and if too many people complain about it, then they get booted.  That was a smart move on Valve's part.  But they're still griefers up the whazoo.  They prefer to kill other players and constantly grabbed the gifts even after they have them. 
The only thing that bothers me about the server registrations is that once the bad servers get kicked off, the only good ones are always packed.  And those who want the entire set *coughmecough* can't get in.  I mean, I was able to play on the KK server earlier and that's how I got the two Spy costumes, but that's it.  And I got those off of pure luck.  One was dead center of the CP, everyone was running away from it.  And the second was right below me with three other players looking away from it.  One guy even ran thought it. 

I guess that's enough about the Disapointaween update. 
Random thought is random: Plushies I ordered off DA are being worked on.  Yay!  Can't wait to see them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment